MassTransit Unicode Support
6.0.2x18 - 6.1.1
- Document Type:
MassTransit 6.0.2 and later support transfers of files and folders with Unicode characters in TCP/IP and TCP/IP Secure file transfers. Polling and sending of Unicode files and folders is disabled by default, but can be enabled by adding the following line to the MassTransit.cfg file in the MassTransit application folder:
ENABLE_UNICODE_SUPPORT = true
Enabling this flag will allow MassTransit to poll, send, and receive files with high Unicode characters (>0xFF) in the name. Unicode characters will still fail to transfer when connecting to legacy servers or servers with Unicode support disabled.
The MassTransit.cfg file can be found in the Extras folder (or created manually) if it is not in the MassTransit application folder. To use Unicode characters, the setting must be enabled for each MassTransit site (Enterprise, Premier, Pro, Standard, Satellite or Application). Note that the MassTransit.cfg file is not automatically included with the Application Client, but it can be copied from a server or manually created as a text file.
There are a number of limitations to Unicode support:
- FTP and Hot Folder communication methods do not fully support Unicode characters. Most Unicode characters will be munged when transferred with these communication methods.
- Unicode is not supported for web client uploads. Both Windows and Mac web clients will present an error if a user attempts to upload files or folders containing Unicode characters. This limitation will be removed in a future release.
- Unicode characters in folder names will be replaced with dashes in web client downloads. This limitation will be removed in a future release.
- Unicode is not fully supported in the MassTransit user interface or email notifications. Unicode characters may not be properly displayed in the MassTransit log, files window, and email notifications containing file lists.
- MassTransit’s Applescript interface does not support retrieval of Unicode characters. If a script retrieves a Unicode file name or folder name via the AppleScript interface, the file name will not be correct. This may impact the success of purging and workflow scripts processing files and folders with Unicode characters in the names.
- Programmatic submission of files containing Unicode characters (via COM, AppleScript, or SOAP) is not supported at this time.
- Only Unicode characters up to 0xFFFF are supported.
Unicode support exists in all versions of MassTransit starting with 6.0.2×18.
It is highly recommended that you use the default settings for the existing Unicode flags — “Replace Invalid Characters in File Names” should be set to off for all contacts if Unicode is enabled and MAP_INVALID_FILESYSTEM_CHARACTERS_AS_UNICODE should be set to true (or commented out) in the MassTransit.cfg file.
For information about Unicode support on MassTransit 7 server, please refer to Transferring Files page.