Acronis Access Latest Releases
The latest official release versions of Acronis Access and Acronis Access Advanced are available here. All server installer downloads will require confirmation of ownership with your serial number.
Acronis Access and Acronis Access Advanced FAQ
activEcho & mobilEcho have become Acronis Access Advanced, combining the functionality of these two products into one comprehensive solution for secure access, sync and share. Acronis Access Advanced can be installed as a standard update on your existing mobilEcho/activEcho server. All prior licensed capabilities and server configuration will be maintained. Acronis Access servers are backwards compatible with mobilEcho and activEcho clients.
Owners of activEcho and mobilEcho can enable the full suite of Acronis Access features by contacting Acronis for a complimentary upgrade to Acronis Access.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are a current owner of Acronis Access 6.X or earlier, with a serial number beginning with “AA” your upgrade path to version 7 is Acronis Access Advanced 7. Acronis Access 7 is a new edition of the product for SMB business needing basic policy management and with less than 100 users.
Acronis Access & Acronis Access Advanced 7.0.1×140
Released November 25th, 2014
- Enter your serial number on the next page to download the installer for the version of Acronis Access you own.
Please see the ‘Known Issues’ section below if you are upgrading a server running Windows 2003 or have clients using Windows XP or Internet Explorer 8.
- Acronis Access & Acronis Access Advanced Server [For Windows 2008, 2012, all editions] — Download
- Windows Client Installer (EXE) [For Windows XP, Vista, 7 & 8] — Download
- Windows Client Installer (MSI) [For Windows XP, Vista, 7 & 8] — Download
- Mac Client Installer (DMG) [For Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later] — Download
- Acronis Access iOS Client – Apple App Store [optionally supports MobileIron AppConnect]
- Acronis Access for Good Dynamics iOS Client – Apple App Store
- Acronis Access Android Client – Google Play store
- Acronis Access Android Client [184.108.40.206] – APK
- Acronis Access for MobileIron AppConnect v7.0 – Android Client – Compatible with AppConnect 7.0 and 6.0 only [version 220.127.116.11]
- Acronis Access for MobileIron AppConnect v6.0 – Android Client – Compatible with AppConnect 6.0 only [version 18.104.22.168]
- Acronis Access for MobileIron AppConnect v5.9 – Android Client – Compatible with AppConnect 5.9 only [version 22.214.171.124]
- mobilEcho for MobileIron AppConnect v5.7/5.8 – Android Client – Also compatible with Acronis Access servers [version 126.96.36.199] – direct download [this app is not compatible with Android 4.4 "KitKat" - the Acronis Access for AppConnect 5.9 version is required for Android 4.4 support]
- Acronis Access Release Notes
- Acronis Access Advanced:
- Access Advanced Installation Guide
- Access Advanced Quick Start Guide: Mobile Access
- Access Advanced Quick Start Guide: Sync & Share
- Acronis Access Clients User Guides
- Acronis Access:
- Various improvements to the Web Client interface.
- Acronis Access Server and Acronis Access Desktop Clients for Mac and PC are now localized in Russian.
- Apache Tomcat 7.0.57 is used in the release.
- Java 7 update 71 is used in the release.
- The allowed minimum expiration time for shared file download links now defaults to 1 day or more on new installations of Acronis Access Server. Previously the minumum link expiration default was 30 days.
- Browsing network data sources via the Web Client is improved for folders with large number of items.
- Improved conflict resolution behavior.
- Fixed usage of “¥” symbol for logging in to Access Server Web Client.
- Upgrading to Acronis Access 7.0.1 from mobilEcho 4.5 is now supported.
- Fixed shortcut to Acronis Access Tomcat service configuration tool in the Start menu after the upgrade from Acronis Access 6.1.
- Shared Folders now have Notifications in the right hand menu.
- Fixed occasional crashes in Access Desktop Client for Mac.
- If you have end-users running Internet Explorer 8, please consider upgrading to a more secure browser. Administrators can change the SSL bindings to support Internet Explorer 8 users with the following limitations:
- **Users running Internet Explorer 8 are automatically redirected to the Access 6 style web client interface.
- **Internet Explorer 8 will be not supported by the redesigned Access 7 web interface.
- **These users will not have access to file server, NAS and SharePoint data sources from the web client interface.
- **Server Administration from Internet Explorer 8 is not supported.
- When using single port Access Gateway Server configuration, there could be an issue with handling paths longer than 256 characters. Please visit the following KB article to resolve the issue: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/820129
- Acronis Access is now named Acronis Access Advanced and is the upgrade path for existing users of Acronis Access 6 or earlier. A new version tailored for small/medium businesses with simpler requirements has been also introduced. This new version is named Acronis Access.
- Redesigned and enhanced Access web client user interface
- During new installations, the configuration wizard now attempts to detect and system configuration options, such as SMTP server and Active Directory (LDAP) server.
- During installation, Acronis Access and Acronis Access Advanced can now be configured to operate using a single open port for client connections. In this configuration, all Access clients (mobile app, desktop sync client, web client interface) use the same network address and port to connect to the Access server.
- Folders and files residing on file servers, NAS and SharePoint Servers can now be browsed and accessed from within the Access web client interface. This capability can be enabled or disabled on a user or group basis.
- Redesigned notification and invitation email templates
- The Users administration page and Devices administration page are now unified into a single admin console page.
- Access now provides conflict resolution for Sync & Share files and folders. If users’ file modifications overlap and cause conflicts, the conflicting files will be renamed with the users name and the current date, so that the conflicting file is obvious and can be handled as needed. Previous to Access 7.0, these conflicting files would have been saved as new versions.
- Sync & Share files can now be copied between Sync & Share folders using the web client interface.
- Sync & Share file download links can be now be generated and copied for use, without requiring an email to be sent by the Access server. The file download links feature can be enabled or disabled.
- Usernames can now be assigned to Free (‘Ad-hoc’) external users. All Sync & Share users are generally refered to by user names instead of just email addresses.
- Access Desktop Sync Client Version is now displayed in the Users and Devices section of Access Server administration page
- Java version 7 U71 is used in this release
- Improved audit logging when files are downloaded from direct download link
- Sorting files by type is now allowed in the web client interface
- Postgres can now be removed using the ‘Add/Remove Programs’ control panel
- There is now a global setting to disable the ability to share files using direct download links
- The default threshold and interval for user notification as they approach their quota for Sync & Share can now be configured
- Apache Tomcat 7.0.56 is used in this release
- OpenSSL version 1.0.1i is used in this release.
- Added support for batch operations in the Devices table (remote wipe, cancel remote wipe, etc.)
- SSL v3 is disabled
- Fixed a PostgreSQL installer failure that could occur if a local users group does not have enough privileges
- Fixed issue with querying LDAP when debug logging is enabled that could occasionally result in an error for some UTF-8 usernames
- Fixed usage of @display_name variable for Acronis Access enrollment emails
- Upgrades from mobilEcho 4.5 or earlier are not supported in the initial version of the Acronis Access 7.0. Support for upgrades from mobilEcho 4.5 or earlier are anticipated to return in a followup release.
- Internet Explorer 8 is not supported in the initial version of the Acronis Access 7.0 Web client. IE8 users will not be able to log into the Acronis Access Web client. Support for IE8 is anticipated to return in a followup release, though in this followup release IE8 users will be presented with the previous Access 6 web UI and will not be able to use the new Access 7 features. If you have end-users running Internet Explorer 8, please consider upgrading to a more secure browser or waiting until support is added in the upcoming Access Server update.
- Windows XP users will not be able to use the Acronis Desktop Sync Client or Web Client after an Access Server is upgraded to 7.0 or later. This is due to an incompatibility of XP and IE8 with the secure SSL bindings the Access Server now uses. Administrators can change the SSL bindings to support XP users. Details here: Please note that changing these ciphers might expose your server to vulnerabilities and is generally unsecure.
- Windows Server 2003 is no longer supported.
- ‘Mobile Access’ Network Home Folders configured for users on Access Server are not displayed in Web client interface. This will be supported in a followup release.
- If user select several files for upload they will be uploaded one after the other, not simultaneously.
- SharePoint check-in / check-out is not yet supported in the web client interface. This will be supported in a followup release.
Acronis Access Client Installers – for all editions:
Desktop sync clients:
Mobile clients – for both Access and Access Advanced:
Android Client for MobileIron AppConnect 7.0 or 6.0:
Android Client for MobileIron AppConnect 6.0:
Android Client for MobileIron AppConnect 5.9:
Android Client for MobileIron AppConnect 5.8 or 5.7:
Acronis Access 7.0.1 (Released: November 25th, 2014)
What’s new in Acronis Access Advanced 7.0.1 (includes notes on earlier releases)
What’s new in Acronis Access 7.0.1 (includes notes on earlier releases)
Notes and Known Issues
Acronis Access 7.0.0 (Released: November 11th, 2014)
Notes and Known Issues